Pasta alla Boscaiola
Made with sausage & wild mushrooms
Serves 6 - Paired with Vieni’s 2012 Briganti Red
This pasta dish is as a main and it's so easy to make! Don't forget to enjoy it with a glass of our 2012 Briganti Red.
Total Time: 45 Min
Prep Time: 25 Min
Cooking Time: 20 Min
- 1 lb sausage (hot or mild)
- 1 lb wild mushrooms (shitake, oyster, Portobello)
- 1 garlic clove – minced
- ½ onion
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ lb of grated mozzarella
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh herbs: basil, oregano, sage
- Rigatoni Pasta – 450 grams
- 1 tblsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a sauté pan, sauté onion and garlic in oil until translucent. (In the meantime – boil 1 pot of salted water)
- Cut sausage – ½ inch (use a scissor, it makes it easier) and begin cooking it in the pan.
- Once sausage is cooked, add mushrooms. (note: when cooking the mushrooms, do not immerse them in water. Gently rinse and scrape the dirt using a paring knife)
- Add herbs and cherry tomatoes
- Once the liquid the mushrooms have produced evaporates and a sauce develops from the mixture, add the cream.
- Let the mixture simmer for 15 minutes
- When the water begins to boil, add the pasta and cook until it is al dente. When the pasta is cooked, toss it in the mixture and add the mozzarella.
- Transfer pasta to a baking dish and cook for 20 min in your pre heated oven.
- Once plated, sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve immediately.